Thursday 29 November 2007

Being single

This is totally not a topic people talk out in the open. Its definitely something that everyone is aware of but simply refuse to discuss. My brother told me that day when I met him “You should get a boyfriend now. Or you never ever will” Mama never said anything about it, at least not in front of me. Funny how I used to think she’s all cool about this kind of stuff, until he mentioned how mama sometimes unleash her deepest worries about me showing no signs of ending my singlehood, I realized she’s just like any other mums out there. *sigh*


Sad but true, It’s not just mama who are laden with such thoughts. In fact, I toyed with the same thought myself. And I know I’m not alone in this. I am sure if not always, these thoughts might have crossed the fiery mind of us single ladies at least once.


But not actually quite like that. As life puts it, I love my life the way it is. I love being single. I love going out and not having to inform anyone beforehand. I love hanging out with my girlfriends. I love not having someone telling me not to do this and that just because he doesn’t want me doing so. Plus, I do still have tonnes of things to do before settling down. I want to go places, do things. Things that I’m not sure I’ll be able to do when I’m attached. (I tried to commit to few relationships before, but belum jodoh kot….too complicated.)


So does that make singleton my all time favorite brand?


The answer is no. Because despite all that, deep inside, I do wish to settle down one day. And yess, I do want to go home to that one person, who'd share his laughes with me, who'd shed my tears whenever i cry. To share my laundry basket with that same person, to cook dishes for two instead of one, to have someone to argue about whether to watch football or sappy movies for the night, etc..etc.. To know that there is one person who’d take me in no matter what.


Yess..one day.


Somehow I believe that one fine day I’ll wake up in the morning and find that I’m all ready, and by the time there’s this perfect guy who will come and knock me upside down and wallaah..! Everything fall into place perfectly. yeah..yeah..I know it sounded too fairy tale-like, a little too ideal to wish in this non-ideal world. But hadn't He said Himself,


So that’s not too much to ask for, isn’t it?

No comments: